Using AWS Lambda with Amazon CloudWatch and SNS to Implement a Slack Chat Bot
SPL-115 Version 2.1.4
© 2020 Amazon Web Services, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved. This work may not be reproduced or redistributed, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Amazon Web Services, Inc. Commercial copying, lending, or selling is prohibited.
Errors or corrections? Email us at email@example.com.
Other questions? Contact us at https://aws.amazon.com/contact-us/aws-training/
In this lab you will build a chat bot for Slack, using a Lambda blueprint. Chat bots have the ability to interact with teams and users, respond to commands, and post notifications, giving all conversation participants visibility into team activities. You will build a bot that posts to your Slack channel when it receives CloudWatch alarms.
By the end of this lab, you will be able to:
- Create a Slack chat bot using a Lambda blueprint
- Configure the bot with a Slack webhook to post messages to a Slack channel
Technical knowledge prerequisites
To successfully complete this lab, you should be familiar with AWS Lambda and Amazon CloudWatch.Familiarity with Slack is helpful, though not required.
- At the top of your screen, launch your lab by clicking
This will start the process of provisioning your lab resources. An estimated amount of time to provision your lab resources will be displayed. You must wait for your resources to be provisioned before continuing.
If you are prompted for a token, use the one distributed to you (or credits you have purchased).
- Open your lab by clicking
This will automatically log you into the AWS Management Console.
Please do not change the Region unless instructed.
Common login errors
Error : Federated login credentials
If you see this message:
- Close the browser tab to return to your initial lab window
- Wait a few seconds
- Click again
You should now be able to access the AWS Management Console.
Error: You must first log out
If you see the message, You must first log out before logging into a different AWS account:
- Click click here
- Close your browser tab to return to your initial Qwiklabs window
- Click again
Inscrivez-vous sur Qwiklabs pour consulter le reste de cet atelier, et bien plus encore.
- Obtenez un accès temporaire à Console Amazon Web Services.
- Plus de 200 ateliers, du niveau débutant jusqu'au niveau expert.
- Fractionné pour vous permettre d'apprendre à votre rythme.