Check that there is a Cloud SQL instance
Check that there is a user database on the Cloud SQL instance
Check that the blog instance is authorized to access Cloud SQL
Check that wp-config.php points to the Cloud SQL instance
Check that the blog still responds to requests
Migrate a MySQL Database to Google Cloud SQL
In a challenge lab you’re given a scenario and a set of tasks. Instead of following step-by-step instructions, you will use the skills learned from the labs in the quest to figure out how to complete the tasks on your own! An automated scoring system (shown on this page) will provide feedback on whether you have completed your tasks correctly.
When you take a challenge lab, you will not be taught new Google Cloud concepts. You are expected to extend your learned skills, like changing default values and reading and researching error messages to fix your own mistakes.
To score 100% you must successfully complete all tasks within the time period!
This lab is only recommended for students who have Compute Engine skills. Are you up for the challenge?
- Create a Google Cloud SQL instance and create a database
- Import a MySQL database into Cloud SQL
- Reconfigure an application to use Cloud SQL instead of a local MySQL database
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.