Deploy the application to App Engine
Restrict access with IAP
Allow member to access application
Access User Identity Information
Securing Cloud Applications with Identity Aware Proxy (IAP) using Zero-Trust
One of the primary use cases for Zero-Trust policy enforcement is to provide secure access to web applications, i.e., HTTP/HTTPS-based applications that are hosted on Google Cloud (or on-premises data centers). Architecturally, the primary component to provide zero-trust access is:
- Identity-Aware Proxy - a policy enforcement engine for ensuring every access request is authorized.
In this lab, you will walk through deploying a sample application to App Engine and enforcing policies using Identity-Aware Proxy (IAP). You will also obtain user identity information in the application protected by IAP.
What you'll learn
- Deploying a simple App Engine applicaiton using Python
- Enabling Identity Aware Proxy (IAP) to restrict access to the application
- Obtaining user identity information from IAP in your application
Basic programming language knowledge (Python)
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the cloud console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.