Deploy a PHP App
App Engine: Qwik Start - PHP
App Engine allows developers to focus on doing what they do best—write code. The App Engine standard environment is based on container instances running on Google's infrastructure. Containers are preconfigured with one of several available runtimes (Java 7, Java 8, Python 2.7, Go and PHP). Each runtime also includes libraries that support App Engine Standard APIs. For many applications, the standard environment runtimes and libraries might be all you need.
The App Engine standard environment makes it easy to build and deploy an application that runs reliably even under heavy load and with large amounts of data. It includes the following features:
- Persistent storage with queries, sorting, and transactions.
- Automatic scaling and load balancing.
- Asynchronous task queues for performing work outside the scope of a request.
- Scheduled tasks for triggering events at specified times or regular intervals.
- Integration with other Google cloud services and APIs.
Applications run in a secure, sandboxed environment, allowing App Engine standard environment to distribute requests across multiple servers, and scaling servers to meet traffic demands. Your application runs within its own secure, reliable environment that is independent of the hardware, operating system, or physical location of the server.
This hands-on lab shows you how to create a small App Engine application that displays a short message.
What you'll do
Download an application
Test the application
Deploy the application
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Google Cloud Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.