Dynamic Streaming Using Amazon CloudFront
In this lab, you will use Amazon CloudFront to deliver a dynamic (multiple bit-rate) stream to a connected device using Apple’s HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) protocol. The stream can also be played on any browser that supports the HLS protocol. In this lab, you will also use Amazon Elastic Transcoder to convert a source video into multiple bit-rates that will be delivered using CloudFront.
This lab covers:
- Creating multiple bit-rate versions of a given source media file using Amazon Elastic Transcoder.
- Delivering the dynamic (multi bit-rate) stream created by Amazon Elastic Transcoder, using Amazon CloudFront.
Technical Knowledge Prerequisites
To successfully complete this lab, you should be familiar with the basics of media encoding and have knowledge of core AWS services.
Other AWS Services
Other AWS Services than the ones needed for this lab are disabled by IAM policy during your access time in this lab. In addition, the capabilities of the services used in this lab are limited to what’s required by the lab and in some cases are even further limited as an intentional aspect of the lab design. Expect errors when accessing other services or performing actions beyond those provided in this lab guide.
Join Qwiklabs to read the rest of this lab...and more!
- Get temporary access to the Amazon Web Services Console.
- Over 200 labs from beginner to advanced levels.
- Bite-sized so you can learn at your own pace.